Unboxing Airtel Kenya’s ZLT X28 5G Wireless Router.
This is the Airtel Kenya ZLT X28 5G wireless router that I unboxed today. You can buy it for a reasonable price of Kes. 10,000 at any Airtel Kenya shop. This router is interesting for a number of reasons, as follows:
1) It has not one but four ethernet ports you can connect to which is perfect for extending the networking in a home or small office (SoHo) scenario.
2) It comes with one ‘free’ ethernet cable out of the box which is handy for those who really want to use all the 5G bandwidth possible from the router like gamers.
3) It comes with a ‘free’ UPS / power bank so it can stay working even when you have no electricity during an outage. This was really surprisingly delightful! Like the gift you never knew you wanted till you saw it 🙂
4) It also has a USB-C port that can also power it up or use it to connect to the router for data connectivity. This is good for those moments you could lose, misplace or forget the main power adaptor.
5) You can use the Airtel Kenya mobile app to connect to it and do all sorts of things as required like managing usage and topping it up with data bundles.
6) You can connect up to 64 devices wirelessly to the router which is impressive given its relatively small size.
7) The router is optimized for dual-band WiFi so it can use both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies which ultimately means it is much faster and extremely reliable compared to single-band routers.
8) You can use it with reasonably priced 30-Day 5G home broadband data packages of
300GB (capped at 10GB a day) for Kes. 2,999 and 600GB (capped at 20GB per day) for Kes. 5,000.
More details to follow with a full review later this week.