Japie Swanepoel To Lead Social Media Workshop For Kenya’s Institute of Customer Service On 6th March 2014
The Institute of Customer Service Kenya (ICS Kenya) in partnership with Interactive Concepts will be hosting a Social Media Workshop at Riara University in Nairobi next week on Wednesday the 6th of March 2014. The workshop is being sponsored by the Standard Group, Africa Practice, Rohne Communications, Riara University & the Bloggers Association of Kenya.
Massive amounts of consumer attention are moving to mobile social platforms.
Those platforms are made up of streams of content, and will offer brands increasingly impressive parameters for targeting unique groups of consumers. For brands to be successful in reaching consumers, they will need to create engaging and on-brand content.
Next week’s Social Media Workshop will be facilitated by Japie Swanepoel who is the founder of Interactive Concepts, an online strategy agency based in Cape Town with operations in Johannesburg and Nairobi. He authored the “e of marketing” and his second book, The Fundamentals of marketing” was published in April 2013. He is passionate about educating students and brands alike about the power of the internet and social media. He lectures at Tsiba University and regularly hosts workshops and speaks at conferences throughout South Africa as well as in Kenya and in Zimbabwe. Mountain biking, trail running and traveling in Africa all compete for his time, when he is not helping organisations get the best out of the internet.
What’s your Social Media Strategy in 2014?
Spend a day learning about the latest social media tools and applications with one goal in mind: leaving at the end of the day with a clear idea of what social media will do for your organization in 2014. Be it in customer service, marketing, PR, sales, recruitment or a combination of these applications. You cannot afford to neglect the power and value of social media in your organization. This workshop should be attended by your team members in customer care, communications, sales as well as marketing.
The outcome of the workshop should be a clearer understanding of the social media tools available to businesses and other organizations operating in Kenya and how they can implement such tools to fulfill their organizational goals.
The workshop will take the form of an interactive participative session. The facilitator will ensure that active participation is gained from all those present in order to get a real sense of buy-in and understanding of the tools available. The various online tools currently available as well as best international practice will be discussed at the outset.
Social media will be discussed in terms of:
- The major social media tools and their applications.
- International and local success stories and disasters.
- How Kenyan organisations can benefit from social media: research, development, polls, monitoring trends, engaging with users, targeted campaigns, CRM, etc.
The following social networking platforms will be discussed:
Aspects covered will include:
- What to post, when and on which platform
- How to integrate online with offline Tagging, @mentions, retweets, albums, tiny URL’s
- Facebook ads: CPC vs. CPM
- Measurement tools
- Scheduling and management tools
- Determining a metrics for success
- Influencing the influencers
- Social media strategy
- Social media policy
- 07h30 – 08h30: Guests & Participants arrive, Tea, Coffee
- 08h30 – 09h45: Media Launch of the 2013 Social Media Report
- 09h45 – 10h00: Welcome, programme introduction
- 10h00 – 12h00: Social media for sales, customer care, marketing and PR: what’s different in 2014?
- 12h00 – 12h45: How will you measure success?
- 13h00 – 14h00: Lunch
- 14h00 – 15h00: How will your organization get its social media strategy right
- 15h00 – 15h15: tea /coffee break
- 15h15 – 16h00: How will you deal with detractors?
- 16h00 – 16h30: Q&A
- 16h30 : Close
Kshs 25,000 per person *10% off for ICS Members.
Corporate Offer: Register 3 and get the 4th Free! Contact Mylene on 0712 896 332 to reserve your space